The Running Resudek

Here you will find all my running ramblings. I started running races in May of 2009 and I haven't stopped since!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Goals for the Salt Lake City marathon tomorrow

Well, I usually like to keep my goals to myself, just in case I am unable to achieve them. I don't like to feel stupid if I say I can do something and can't. However, this time I've decided to share them. :)

Tomorrow will be marathon #3 (in state #3!). My previous race times:

1. LA: 4:16:11
2. Denver: 4:00:53 (UPDATE: apparently I ACTUALLY finished Denver in 3:59:34 according to the competitor website! News to me, I JUST now found out! AWESOME!!! lol)

Based on my training runs this time, I think I am going to have the best race yet! My 20 miler was the fastest this time of all previous 20 mile runs, and recently I've been able to set some really good pace times and make some speed records for myself (which I'd like to say are thanks to GU gel!). So, here are my goals:

1. Beat my brother-in-law Joe's best marathon time of 3:58:02 and take the family record. ;)

2. Finish in under 4 hours.

3. Finish faster then my Denver time of 4:00:53. (I was SOOO close to being under 4 hours, I couldn't help but kick myself!)

4. If all else fails and I get a bad injury or something, beat my LA time of 4:16:11. I don't think I'll be slower than that. ;)

Oh, did I mention this is going to be my FATTEST marathon? I'm up 4.5 pounds from my NORMAL marathon weight (which I will not share). I am really not sure what happened this time, but I'm going to blame the weight on muscle mass. My legs seem to be the most muscular they've ever been! ;-D

I've also been taking tons of video here in Salt Lake City to document my journey. I'm planning on making a short video for everyone to see after the race is over. :-)

Stay tuned for my results!

P.S. I registered for the New York City marathon lottery last night! This is the ONLY other marathon I REALLY want to run. ;-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home